No Training scheduled at this time.
If you live outside the Denver metro area and are interested in training, we offer training onsite for larger groups. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My day long training, Exploring Numeracy Throughout the Day, includes:
- Reviewing the standards and how my math path fits with the standards (and the AD12 Units of Study for AD12 participants)
- Discovering the concepts, skills, and relationships students need in order to have a full understanding of number
- Investigating the Teacher Toolkit and other materials
- Using and making a variety of tools such as rekenreks (bead racks), customized dice, task cards, etc.
- Creating customized decks and playing a variety of games
- Exploring how to use open/empty number lines
- Showing a variety of centers and explorations with shared reading posters to see
- Demonstrating Kagan Cooperative Learning Structures within the workshop
- and much more
Math Night Presentation
Does your school do a Math Night for parents? Cindy has a presentation called Mental Math that is a perfect start to Math Night. This half hour to an hour long presentation educates parents about what mental math is, the skills needed to perform mental math tasks, and ideas on how to help their children. Contact Cindy at email@example.com for more information and references.
>>>>> Click here for Training Details <<<<<
What: Cindy offers a variety of early numeracy and multiplication workshops at her home in Thornton, Colorado.
Who: K-5 teachers, special education teachers, interventionists, paraprofessionals, administrators, and anyone else wanting to learn more about numeracy development
When: no workshops scheduled at this time
Where: Thornton, Colorado
Cost: $85 for the day long workshop and lunch. Depending on the workshop, an additional $89.95 if you need a Teacher Toolkit if paying with school funds or $93.64 ($89.95 + $3.69 tax) if paying with personal funds or $49.95 if you need a Multiplication Kit.
Credit: College credit will be available through Adams State University (.5 credit hours). A certificate of completion of 7.5 contact hours will be provided.
Cindy’s Bio: Cindy Pray has been teaching regular and special education since 1985. She has a Master’s degree in Deaf Education and an endorsement in Elementary Education. She is Add+VantageMR trained having completed both AVMR Course 1 and 2 in 2009. She has also completed numerous math courses over the years as well as a course to become a trainer called Training the Trainer.
She stays knowledgeable on best practices and current math research by reading numerous professional books and articles and attending conferences.
Cindy has presented at several regional and national math conferences including:
- 2011 Math Recovery Conference
- 2011 Realistic Math Education Conference
- 2011 Colorado Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference
- 2012 Kentucky Center for Mathematics Conference
- 2012 Conference for the Advancement of Mathematics Teaching
- 2013 Kentucky Center for Mathematics Conference
- 2013 NCTM Conference
- 2013 Math Recovery Conference
- 2013 Minnesota Numeracy Conference
- 2014 Wisconsin Mathematics Council Conference
- 2014 Education Minnesota Math Conference
- 2015 Panhandle Math and Science Conference
She has also done numerous trainings around the country since 2012.
- 2012/2013/2014 Local Denver area trainings
- 2012 Stratton Public Schools, Stratton, Colorado
- 2012 Platte Co. School Dist. 1, Wheatland, Wyoming
- 2014 Numeracy Training for Anoka/Hennipen School District, Minnesota: All K and 1st grade teachers and Math Specialists/Trainers
- 2015 Local Denver area trainings
“Thanks for putting the materials together and creating fun ways to teach with them. You gave our previous training feet! These are things we can start using tomorrow. Thank you!”
“I enjoyed the learning activities to support numeracy. The Teacher Toolkit will be awesome to just go and pull instead of creating all of it.”
“I liked seeing the games and activities. Time for sharing thoughts and ideas with others was very helpful.”
“The training was very well paced. I felt like I had time to work through the activities. The research was incorporated well.”
“It was great to hear from someone in the classroom and see the thinking and ideas.”
“Digging in and reading from resources was valuable. Too many teachers don’t do enough professional reading. We need to see the importance.”
“I think you have developed a great set of materials to cover all the basic math skills. I can’t wait to see what you develop for higher levels.”
“I enjoyed the integration of working and listening to doing real hands-on. I appreciate the presentation being given by a teacher who is actually using the materials.”
“It is nice to have the Teacher Toolkit with things already made. I like the quick ideas for use in a few minutes throughout the day.”
“Quick. Efficient. Organized. Fun!”